Easter Bunny Punch Art Card and Gift Box

by Joanne James31. March 2013 21:43

I hope everyone has been enjoying a lovely Easter day, with plenty of chocolate eggs thrown in! This is my last Easter offering to share with you all and was inspired by one of my other hobbies - biscuit making. I recently enjoyed a fun day out with a friend at the Biscuiteers Icing Cafe in Notting Hill, where we spent a pleasant morning icing Easter bunnies in various poses, spring lambs and Easter eggs. My favourite was a lovely pale brown bunny with floppy ears, that shows him from behind with an iced bunny tail - he inspired this punch art bunny card, which shows him with a couple of friends:

I love the simple design with the polka dot paper and oval framelits, with just a touch of colour to each bunny tail to make them 'pop'. I didn't add a sentiment because although this card was for Easter, I wanted it to be able to use it for any occasion. My biscuits from that day are all long gone but I have the same cutter to make more at home and so designed a co-ordinating gift box, which is just the right size for a similar biscuit to fit in and would make a lovely gift for someone special:

I just made a simple shallow box with a Whisper White base and Marina Mist lid using my Simply Scored, then attached the punched bunny oval to a belly band made from the reverse side to the spots on the card, which just holds the box securely together. Next time I make one of these I'll try and include a photo of the biscuit too, although they don't hang around for long in our house, it has to be said!

Back tomorrow with thoughts of spring - until then, eat lots of chocolate and happy stampin'!

Stampin' Up Supplies:

Cardstock: Marina Mist, Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, Crumb Cake, Polka Dots Parade DSP

Tools: Owl Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Ornament Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes punch (flower), Oval Framelits, Simply Scored

Finishing Touches: 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon Marina Mist, Basics Pearls

terri stewart
terri stewartUnited States
22/02/2015 16:41:43 #

How did you make the ears for these bunnies? I'd love to make this card! Thanks for sharing

Paula Carson
Paula CarsonUnited States
03/03/2015 19:04:45 #

Hi Joanne,
I am trying to make your bunnies that are on the card.

Can you tell me the punches that were used for the small bunnies.
Thanks.

Paula
PaulaUnited States
03/03/2015 23:42:10 #

On the small bunny card did you use the 3/4" and 1" punches.  Ears?

emeraldbkt
emeraldbktUnited States
05/06/2015 15:48:17 #

love the items in this blog.  Did you respond to the question about the ears?  Is it a leaf punch?

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
05/06/2015 18:44:42 #

Thanks! Just realised I didn't respond to the question about the ears - they were punched using the 1" circle punch. I punched a circle, attached it to a post-it note then fed it back into the punch to get the ear shape. Hope that makes sense!

StampinBlends_Demothumb_SPUKCA

Alcohol markers are back! Say 'hello' to Stampin' Blends - click on the image above to see the full range or you can read more about them here.

Seasonal Catalogue

Click here to view and download a copy of the 2017 Autumn-Winter Stampin' Up! Seasonal Catalogue which runs from 1 September 2017 - 2 January 2018.

Current November hostess code:

2S4X3VQ6

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator? For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. That's £31 OF FREE PRODUCT! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

2017-18 Annual Catalogue

Click on the catalogue for a full list of current SU! supplies - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.

There are savings of between 10-40% in this week's Online Extravanganza sale! Read all about it here.