Simply Sketched Male Card FMS122 and CAS C&S 60

by Joanne James10. February 2014 12:28

Today I'm sharing the card that was originally scheduled for yesterday! This card also uses the sketch layout at Freshly Made Sketches this week and I combined it with the colour challenge over at CAS Colours and Sketches this week:

I decided to go with an adult masculine card (it's always good to have a few of these on standby!) and inked up my Simply Sketched hostess set for the focal point of my card:

I stamped the little bird in Chocolate Chip ink and coloured him with a Chocolate Chip marker and blender pen, then used the blue and green to create a simple sponged background. I stamped my sentiment from the same stamp set on the front of the layered banner and used some of the Gingham Garden DSP to add interest without making the card too busy. This piece of Pear Pizzazz DSP seemed to be just right for this card, although you could be forgiven for not even knowing it's there as it isn't typical of the bright pink, indigo and yellow designs that are a key feature of this DSP pack.

I really like the understated finish of this card - and the little bird is perfect for a male card. This is the first time I've used the Simply Sketched stamp set and will definitely be making more with it. It has some lovely sketch stamps and three useful sentiments in a font that works with all kinds of cards. As I mentioned above, this set is an exclusive hostess set that can be yours only when you host a Stampin' Up! party. The current Sale-A-Bration promotion is a great time to host a party - not only will you and your party attendees get a free gift for every £45 you spend, but as the hostess you can earn an additional £25 in hostess benefits for qualifying party sales (£250 or more). If you would like to host a Stampin' Up! party, do give me a call or contact me to book a date.

I hope you like today's card; if you would like to see more ideas for using either today's sketch or the colour scheme, do pop by the Freshly Made Sketches and CAS Colours and Sketches blogs to see what the design teams and participants have created.

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Table built using Stampin' Up! Product Table Builder from The Crafty Owl.

Jacqueline Dee
Jacqueline DeeUnited Kingdom
10/02/2014 18:38:14 #

What a beautiful card, you have used the colours well and I love the use of the Simply Sketched stamp. Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S - Jacqueline xx

10/02/2014 21:56:35 #

Thanks Jacqueline - a great colour challenge this week.

karen h
karen hUnited States
11/02/2014 00:53:11 #

Wonderful card! I love the sponged background for the bird! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

11/02/2014 09:56:37 #

Thanks Karen - so glad you liked it. Great sketch - can see me using this many more times to come.

Karren Johnson
Karren JohnsonNew Zealand
11/02/2014 01:29:49 #

Fabulous masculine card, Joanne!  The sponging behind your gorgeous bird really makes him pop!  Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

11/02/2014 09:54:27 #

Thanks Karen - Can't believe it's the first time I've used this set! It makes a lovely grown up masculine card.

Patricia H
Patricia HUnited States
11/02/2014 15:26:20 #

WOW - this card is fantastic!  The perfectly cut mats really make that lovely image pop, and the subtle pattern of the background paper was an excellent choice (to paraphrase what you said - it adds interest without being distracting).  I'm so glad you shared your card with us at CC&S, and I hope you'll join us again soon! Smile

11/02/2014 21:19:27 #

Thanks Patricia for your kind comments - so glad you liked my card. Looking forward to playing along at CC&S again soon.

Lizy
Lizy United Kingdom
13/02/2014 09:24:41 #

This is just gorgeous Joanne! I hadn't even noticed that DSP in the pack...you're right, it's perfect for this card! Smile
Thanks for joining us at CAS this week! Smile
Lizy xx

13/02/2014 10:12:28 #

Thanks for your kind comments Lizy! It's so easy to overlook these 'plain' DSP patterns, yet they can come in handy for cards like this. Loving the CC&S challenges - will hopefully see you there again soon. xx

Louise J van Vuren
Louise J van VurenUnited Kingdom
14/02/2014 12:21:09 #

Love the natural feel to your card,great use of the colours. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS C&S

Louise xx

15/02/2014 13:18:03 #

Thanks Louise. I love sketches but sometimes struggle with colour challenges, so I'm really pleased with how this one came together.

Sue
SueUnited Kingdom
18/02/2014 11:47:40 #

Hi Joanne, this is a lovely mens card, the image goes so well in the colours, great job!! xx

18/02/2014 20:23:35 #

Thanks Sue! I love how we all take the same colour palette but create something completely different.

StampinBlends_Demothumb_SPUKCA

Alcohol markers are back! Say 'hello' to Stampin' Blends - click on the image above to see the full range or you can read more about them here.

Seasonal Catalogue

Click here to view and download a copy of the 2017 Autumn-Winter Stampin' Up! Seasonal Catalogue which runs from 1 September 2017 - 2 January 2018.

Current November hostess code:

2S4X3VQ6

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator? For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. That's £31 OF FREE PRODUCT! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

2017-18 Annual Catalogue

Click on the catalogue for a full list of current SU! supplies - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.

There are savings of between 10-40% in this week's Online Extravanganza sale! Read all about it here.