CAS Morning Meadow Thank You

by Joanne James21. May 2014 16:41

Today's card is a last minute entry for this week's CAS Colours and Sketches colour challenge, which is to use the following colours:

I also used the above sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch as my starting point, although I would be the first to admit that my card isn't the most literal of interpretations; the card I've prepared for tomorrow's blog post is much better! Here is my card:

I decided to use the Morning Meadow hostess set for today's card - this set will only be available until the end of June, so if it's on your wishlist get in touch with me to book a party soon, otherwise you'll miss it. I inked the branch with my Basic Grey and Primrose Petals marker pens, then stamped the bird in Midnight Muse and fussy cut him and placed him on a dimensional, with a little rhinestone-centred punched flower for added interest. I allowed the tail of my bird to overhang the edge of the card - I think I'll join my card up to Addicted to CAS too, where the current challenge is 'off the edge'.

A quick post from me today; back tomorrow with another project. until then, happy stampin'!

Patricia H
Patricia HUnited States
21/05/2014 19:19:55 #

My computer hiccupped and I'm not sure if my comments went through the first time, so forgive me if this one is repetitive... but I think this card is fantastic, Joanne!  I love how you've used our challenge colors to create this scene.  I'm so glad you shared this with us at CAS - Colours and Sketches! Smile

21/05/2014 21:27:00 #

Hi Patricia - didn't get your comments the first time, so thanks for persevering, especially as you liked my card! I almost didn't make it in time, but am glad I got there before the close - better late than never Smile

karen h
karen hUnited States
21/05/2014 23:20:39 #

Wonderful card!  Love how you used the challenge colors! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

22/05/2014 20:03:25 #

Thanks Karen - glad you like it! A nice opportunity to use a couple of the in-colours before they retire to make way for new ones!

Darnell
DarnellUnited States
22/05/2014 04:09:34 #

What a sweet card, Joanne! I love how you used the colors and how your bird is off the edge! Thank you for joining our challenge at ATCAS!! Hugs, Darnell

22/05/2014 20:06:40 #

Thank you Darnell - I love your sometimes quirky challenges, really encourage me to think outside of the creative box!

sandie munro
sandie munroUnited Kingdom
22/05/2014 11:30:33 #

I think this is a great interpretation of the sketch. And I love the design with the 2 panels of colour. Fabulois CAS card. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS

22/05/2014 20:07:54 #

Thanks Sandie - that's kind of you to say. Check out today's 'New Home' card to see another take on the same sketch.

Leigh Penner
Leigh PennerCanada
22/05/2014 21:29:00 #

Oh, this is so pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

23/05/2014 09:54:00 #

Thanks Leigh - I think the little fussy cut bird really makes this card!

Louise
LouiseUnited Kingdom
28/05/2014 19:53:45 #

Very pretty card and perfectly CAS, so happy you played along with us at CC&S

Louise xx

29/05/2014 21:07:56 #

Thanks Louise - delighted to be a CAS Colours and Sketches Top 3 Winner with this one!

Lizy
LizyUnited Kingdom
28/05/2014 23:28:13 #

This is really lovely Joanne! I love the use of that stamp and it worked well with the colours!
Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week Smile
Lizy xx

29/05/2014 21:08:39 #

Thank you Lizy - so glad you like my very CAS card!

12.01.2017_TH-SHAREABLE1_YEARENDSALE_EUSP

There are big savings on surplus and retiring items from 1st December - 2nd January. Click on the picture to see what is still available in my online store.

Seasonal Catalogue

Click here to view and download a copy of the 2017 Autumn-Winter Stampin' Up! Seasonal Catalogue which runs from 1 September 2017 - 2 January 2018.

Current December hostess code:

NASJ4PVF

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator? For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. That's £31 OF FREE PRODUCT! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

2017-18 Annual Catalogue

Click on the catalogue for a full list of current SU! supplies - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.