Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without Dasher!

by Joanne James27. November 2014 11:21

Yesterday evening I was at a Stampin' Up! event where demonstrators got a 'sneak peek' of what's in store for Sale-A-Bration; all I'm going to say at this point is boy do you all have something to look forward to, and I highly recommend you consider asking for a Stampin' Up! gift voucher from your nearest and dearest for Christmas (contact me for details!) and hold back some of your January Sales budget to take advantage, as you are not going to miss it!!

Today though I am back onto Christmas cards with another to share with you, having had a few days break. Well, it is now officially 'the season' I think! I used this week's sketch over at Addicted to CAS for my card today where the team are celebrating their second birthday - congratulations! - and which was designed with the theme over at Less is More in mind.

Now the theme this week is 'Jingle All the Way' and you would think that this card from earlier in the week might be a more appropriate fit, but the lovely ladies over at Less is More went on to say "we would like to see some reference to any of these things.... bells, reindeer, Santa, elves, stockings, presents, decorations, Christmas songs/music/instruments... in fact anything Christmassy!" and I immediately took this as the opportunity to bring my Dasher stamp out of retirement to create a card with a reindeer on it. Well, Christmas wouldn't be Christmas unless he made at least one appearance on a card this season, after all it's almost tradition! So here is my card:

I used Cherry Cobbler for my base and stamped my reindeer in Versamark on a piece of Baked Brown Sugar and heat embossed it in Early Espresso embossing powder to give it a lovely rich sheen. I matted this piece on a base of last year's Season of Style DSP stack, which I cut into pieces and mounted with mitred corners as the pattern was actually a chevron, but I wanted it to be diagonals going around the frame (I hope that makes sense when you look at the photograph, it just seems difficult to explain!)I then popped this piece onto my base using dimensionals, so that I could run a couple of loops of Baked Brown Sugar thick baker's twine around the base beneath it. I used my tiny hole punch to put a couple of semi-circle grooves in each side so that the twine would rest in them and stay in position - a useful tip if you're creating this type of card. To finish, I added my sentiment stamped from 'Endless Wishes' and a trio of candy dots to balance the main image.

I hope you like today's card and before I go would like to give a big shout out to Chrissie, Sarah and Anne over at Less is More, both for recognising this card in their top 3 of the recent one layer challenge but also for their tireless dedication to commenting on the cards in the LIM gallery and for their general helpfulness and constructiveness; I think my CAS style has improved a lot with their input, so I for one am grateful!

That's all from me today; I'm off out for lunch with a friend (a rare treat!) and then back to finish some work before the school run! Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Kathy James
Kathy JamesUnited Kingdom
27/11/2014 16:53:20 #

Love this card - one of my all time favourite stamps.  I've already used mine several times this week!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
27/11/2014 20:59:48 #

One of my favourites too! I know so many people have held on to this stamp, I couldn't resist dusting him off and creating with him today.

Sarah
SarahUnited Kingdom
27/11/2014 23:21:20 #

Another super jingle card Joanne
Love the take on the sketch too.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Chrissie
ChrissieUnited Kingdom
27/11/2014 23:35:37 #

Another super one Joanne, I love this reindeer!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Pauline A
Pauline AUnited Kingdom
28/11/2014 12:28:24 #

Fantastic x

Kylie Purtell
Kylie PurtellAustralia
29/11/2014 02:20:39 #

This is stunning! Love the traditional colours and gorgeous reindeer. Perfect use of our sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with ATCAS xx

Michelle Lupton
Michelle LuptonAustralia
02/12/2014 05:05:34 #

Dasher is one of my favourite Christmas stamps from SU - love how you've used him here!  Thanks for playing along with us at ATCAS Smile

anne
anneUnited Kingdom
03/12/2014 12:52:12 #

Sorry to be so late visiting you this week, another sper card Joanne!
Thanks so much for entering the LIM Challenge
Anne
Less is More Designer

anne
anneUnited Kingdom
03/12/2014 12:52:33 #

Super I meant!

Sale-A-Bration 2018

Sale A Bration

The Sale-A-Bration Promotion runs from 3 January-31 March 2018. Download your copy of the brochure here.

Seasonal Catalogue

Click here to view and download a copy of the 2018 Spring-Summer Stampin' Up! Seasonal Catalogue which runs from 3 January - 31 May 2018.

Current January hostess code:

KRXDZQXE

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator? For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. That's £31 OF FREE PRODUCT! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose. Join during Sale-A-Bration before 31 March and you can choose 2 additional stamp sets of your choice too FOR FREE - that's a potential additional £90 worth of product!

2017-18 Annual Catalogue

Click on the catalogue for a full list of current SU! supplies - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.