Merry Christmas Ornament Card

by Joanne James26. September 2015 22:33

A quick - and late! - post from me today, but since I didn't post yesterday I thought I'd better squeeze one in today! I was fundraising at a MacMillan Coffee morning yesterday and have been busy with the usual flurry of household chores, homework and swimming clubs that generally occupy a Saturday in the James household today. The lovely ladies over at Less Is More have a challenge for 'something shiny' this week and I have the perfect CAS creation to fit - here's my card:

I used a simple base of Real Red and a mat of Whisper White, onto which I stamped 'have a' and 'Christmas' in red around a gold foil 'Merry' diecut, formed using my Christmas Greetings thinlits (I am so in love with these!) I cut an ornament shape out of gold foil using my Delicate Ornament Thinlits Dies and my Big Shot and backed this with a 1 3/4" circle of red glimmer paper (well what is shine without a little sparkle too?!), added a gold cord trim bow and adhered the ornament slightly off the edge of the card to look as if it was hanging from the 'y' of 'merry'.

I designed this card as one of the makes for my all day Christmas stamp-a-stack this week and the ladies present loved it, although having to remove the tiny pieces from the ornament was proving tedious by the time they had made six of them! I'm also using the ornament dies in my October technique class in a couple of weeks time and can't wait - combined with the Embellished Ornaments stamp set (another 15% off bundle when you buy the two together!) they really are very versatile.

Back tomorrow with my card for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players; come back then, you won't want to miss it!

Until then, happy stampin'!

Ann
AnnAustralia
27/09/2015 05:04:24 #

A really classic Christmas card Joanne!  I like the placement of the ornament just off the edge - it balances the sentiment beautifully!

Kathyk
KathykUnited Kingdom
27/09/2015 08:40:16 #

Simply splendid, love the colour choice too

Kathyk

Chrissie
ChrissieUnited Kingdom
28/09/2015 09:08:32 #

Looks wonderful Joanne and SO shiny!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sarah
SarahUnited Kingdom
29/09/2015 09:19:59 #

Sheer elegance, striking, CAS and so beautiful Joanne
thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Kathy James
Kathy JamesUnited Kingdom
29/09/2015 13:09:20 #

Just my idea of an elegnt Christmas Card.  Love it!

anne
anneUnited Kingdom
30/09/2015 07:31:08 #

Gorgeous festive card Joanne - love the bow you added!
Anne
"Less is More"

Anita Bowden
Anita BowdenUnited Kingdom
30/09/2015 22:09:26 #

Such a classy card, Joanne.  I love the rich red and gold, and all that perfect white space.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Darnell J Knauss
Darnell J KnaussUnited States
09/10/2015 17:42:56 #

Congratulations on the well-deserved honor of being showcased at LIM, Joanne!! Hugs, Darnell

2017-18 Annual Catalogue

Click on the catalogue for a full list of current SU! supplies - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.

Host a party

Host a Stampin' Up! party in June and receive an extra £30 in Stampin' Up! Rewards for qualifying party sales of £300 or more. Contact me to book yours!

Current June hostess code:

B3C3DUB6

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator? For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. That's £31 OF FREE PRODUCT! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

If you're interested, call me for a chat to understand how I can help you realise your goals. Alternatively, if you have already decided to sign up and you just can't wait, please click here for the link to the online form where you can sign up and order your starter kit right away!