English Garden In Bloom Friendship Card

by Joanne James22. October 2015 08:05

Today it's time for a new challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary and this week we have a great colour challenge for you:

When I sat down to work on my card this week I realised that all of the challenge colours could be found in the lovely English Garden Designer Series Paper, so it seemed like the perfect opportunity to showcase it. I also used this week's sketch over at Retrosketches as the basis for my layout. Here's my card:

I used a base of Hello Honey with a mat of Soft Suede, then covered my cardfront with a piece of floral patterned paper featuring all of the colours. I added a 2" circle of Mossy Meadow and cut my banner from a piece of neutral kraft corrugated paper, to add texture and detail without detracting from the pattern. I stamped my sentiment from the 'Garden In Bloom' set in Soft Suede on Whisper White and matted this on a banner of Hello Honey, both of which I punched with my Triple Banner Punch. I considered using the butterfly from this set too as my embellishment, however it was a little too small to really stand out. I decided to go with a simple layered butterfly instead, punched using my Bitty Butterfly and Elegant Butterfly punches, with a couple of strands of gold metallic thread for antennae. To finish, I added a trio of Mossy Meadow enamel dots. This is one of those cards that really is 'all about the paper' - the English Garden papers are so very pretty though, they deserve to take centre stage.

Do visit the other Design Team members to see how they used this week's challenge colours; there's lots of inspiration over on their blogs too!

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

• Garden In Bloom Photopolymer Stamp Set
  • Bitty Butterfly Punch
  • Elegant Butterfly Punch
  • Kraft And White Corrugated Paper

Mac
MacUnited Kingdom
23/10/2015 18:49:52 #

Love this colour combination and how you've used it on your card. The corrugated card gives it texture and those gorgeous papers are beautiful.

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
23/10/2015 20:33:41 #

Thanks for popping by to leave a comment - glad you like my card! These papers are a real favourite of mine - so very pretty!

Chris Slogar
Chris SlogarUnited States
25/10/2015 02:42:27 #

This paper does steal the show, but I love the criss-cross banners you added, and especially the texture!  Pretty card!

Alison Barclay
Alison BarclayAustralia
25/10/2015 10:00:02 #

I LOVE this card. I really like how you let the DSP take centre stage and the addition of the corrugated paper is really cool. Smile

Lisa Young
Lisa YoungUnited States
26/10/2015 23:40:41 #

Great use of the paper! It is one of my favorite patterns in that series - I can't believe I forgot about it! I like how you added the various elements beneath the sentiment. Beautiful card as always!

Bridgette Jones
Bridgette JonesUnited States
27/10/2015 12:45:53 #

This is a lovely card for both challenges! I am kicking myself for not getting the English Garden DSP, how PERFECT! The corrugated paper under the butterfly is really catching too. Beautiful!

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
28/10/2015 00:11:14 #

Oh my!  I love this!  The corrugated paper looks great agains the DSP!

Jenny Engelke
Jenny EngelkeUnited States
29/10/2015 12:42:58 #

The English Garden paper was absolutely the perfect choice for this project! The layered, punched butterflies are lovely accents, especially with the delicate gold thread atennae!

12.01.2017_TH-SHAREABLE1_YEARENDSALE_EUSP

There are big savings on surplus and retiring items from 1st December - 2nd January. Click on the picture to see what is still available in my online store.

Seasonal Catalogue

Click here to view and download a copy of the 2017 Autumn-Winter Stampin' Up! Seasonal Catalogue which runs from 1 September 2017 - 2 January 2018.

Current December hostess code:

NASJ4PVF

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator? For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. That's £31 OF FREE PRODUCT! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

2017-18 Annual Catalogue

Click on the catalogue for a full list of current SU! supplies - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.