You're Sublime In Subtles!

by Joanne James8. May 2016 09:00

Apologies for a lack of blog posts these last couple of days. I've plenty of projects made, I've just been away for a couple of days and then had my Crafternoon Tea Home Decor class yesterday at Bell of Northampton in Kingsthorpe. Along with everything else that makes up day-to-day life I've just not managed to find the time to write!

Anyway, today it's Sunday and time for a new challenge over at The Paper Players so I'm back to it! It's the turn of the lovely Jaydee to host our challenge this week and she has a four colour combination for you to play along with:

For my card this week I was inspired to use the flower-filled wheelbarrow from the 'You're Sublime' stamp set as the focal point (hence my rather compliment-filled blog post title today!), incorporating lots of layers as per the current sketch over at The Challenge:

A Barrow of Flowers - This sweet little wheelbarrow stamp is one of the images in the 'You're Sublime' set that I haven't yet used and I these Spring pastels were perfect to fill my grey barrow. I coloured them using my Stampin' Write markers and added a liberal dose of clear Wink of Stella to my blooms, which adds a lovely sparkle in real life although is, alas, difficult to see in the photo. I then punched out my circle with my 2 1/2" circle punch - I'll miss this one when it retires!

A Subtle Collection of Pastels - I don't use Subtles that often, less so exclusively on a card, unless it's a baby card. These lovely ice-cream colours (there's an idea in itself!) work really well together and this card proves when mixed with a liberal dose of Whisper White they work for flowers too.

Uniformity In Layers - I focused on one each of the challenge colours per layer and kept the pattern the same on each of the DSP layers to create a uniformity to my design. Using a borderless circle for my focal image, white matting and a white seam binding ribbon and bow trim, each element ties together without overwhelming the others.

The Paper Players Design Team
 Jaydee
Laurie Schmidt
Nance Leedy
Sandy Mathis
Linda Callahan
Hannelie Bester
Colleen Begley

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

I look forward to seeing what you create with this week's colours. We are off to basketball today and then hoping for a little more of the lovely sunshine we've been having here in the UK these past few days and an afternoon in the garden.

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Parvathi Mahtani
Parvathi MahtaniIndia
08/05/2016 17:28:35 #

So very pretty Joanne! I just love the wheelbarrow full of flowers!!Do drop by and play Paru's Card making Challenges!

08/05/2016 19:26:44 #

This is so sweet...I almost reached for this set myself!  Your background panels are perfect for pulling all the colors together!  A lovely floral creation!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
09/05/2016 02:01:09 #

Such pretty layers Joanne. Cute sentiment,and a gorgeous bow too!!!

Lee Ann Barrett
Lee Ann BarrettUnited States
09/05/2016 02:34:10 #

Super sweet! The pastels really give this such a spring look.  And who can resist polka dots!  Thanks so much for joining us at The Challenge!

Linda Callahan
Linda CallahanUnited States
09/05/2016 16:08:37 #

Such a sweet wagon of flowers!  Beautiful spring card!

jules
julesUnited Kingdom
09/05/2016 20:50:02 #

Hi Joanne, i love the card it's gorgeous, love your blog to i am following you now,

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
09/05/2016 21:23:27 #

Thanks Jules! So glad you like it and welcome to my blog - hope you find lots of inspiration here!

Sandy mathis
Sandy mathisUnited States
10/05/2016 02:14:38 #

What a pretty creation, Joanne! I love that little wheelbarrow full of flowers. Crafternoon Tea Home Decor? Can I come?!!! Sounds like great fun!

Nance Leedy
Nance LeedyUnited States
10/05/2016 12:34:00 #

Love the colorblocked effect of your layers and how you've tied them all together in the focal point.  Your little wheelbarrow is adorable and the perfect choice for the colors.  Sweet card, my friend!

12/05/2016 14:09:16 #

Joanne, so happy you were able to get away for a few days!  How fun!  Wish I could join you!
Your color blocking is fabulous with all those polka dots!  Love it!  That wheelbarrow full of flowers is so fun!  Reminds me of my Daddy pushing me around in his old wheelbarrow when he was gardening!  Have a great week, My Friend!  XX

Colleen Begley
Colleen BegleyUnited States
13/05/2016 01:26:15 #

Super cute card, Joanne.Great layout using the polka dot papers behind your focal image. It all looks so good in these colors.

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
14/05/2016 17:13:42 #

Joanne, I love how you used the colors this week.  That wheelbarrow of flowers is such fun and I love the polka dots, too.  Thank you for rocking my challenge this week.
Hugs
Jaydee

Current April hostess code:

Y2MKPTP6

Spring Summer 2017 Seasonal Catalogue

Click here for the electronic version of the new Stampin' Up! seasonal Spring-Summer catalogue available until 30 June:

Please contact me by phone or email me at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk to place an order!

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator? For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. That's £31 OF FREE PRODUCT! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

If you're interested, call me for a chat to understand how I can help you realise your goals. Alternatively, if you have already decided to sign up and you just can't wait, please click here for the link to the online form where you can sign up and order your starter kit right away!

2016-17 Annual Catalogue

Click on the catalogue for a full list of current SU! supplies - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.

Check here for details of current promotions.