Thoughtful Branches Family Tree Home Decor Frame

by Joanne James3. August 2016 10:00

Happy Wednesday everyone! As promised, I have another project today using the limited time stamp set and thinlits bundle 'Thoughtful Branches' - a home decor frame that includes my family tree. As soon as I saw this set I knew it would be perfect for a family tree idea that I've had in mind for a while, so combined with my 'Letters For You' stamp set and co-ordinating Large Letters Framelits I set to work. Here is my finished project:

This is a rather large project - it has a finished frame size of 9" x 19 3/4" - so was something of a challenge to photograph - but I absolutely love it!

Here's the low-down on today's project:

Letters For You - I recently invested in this letters bundle - 'invested' being the key word here, as at £119.50 the bundle is the most expensive in the catalogue - but so worth it for projects like this one. The set has the whole alphabet along with useful punctuation and just like the Large Numbers Framelits and Number of Years stamp set, it is a set that can be used for so many projects and is timeless - a definite 'keeper'. I stamped my letters in Early Espresso and cut them out using my Big Shot and co-ordinating framelits, then substituted the 'I' in 'FAMILY' with my family tree.

Thoughtful Branches Tree - I stamped and cut out my tree trunk, then in order to create a tree big enough to comfortably accommodate my family members, I cut three treetops and layered them to create a fuller tree. Each one was backed with another base (so I cut 6 tree tops in all) for rigidity and I layered them together for added dimension.

Family Touches - I stamped the names of each of my family members in black onto Whisper White cardstock using the modern Labeler Alphabet and cut them out by hand, then placed them in my tree in descending order of age and with a couple of birds to identify the parents and the apples identifying my children. Here's a close up of the tree so that you can see all of the elements in more detail:

This took longer to work out and put together than explain - but I am so pleased with the end result and am looking forward to hanging it on the wall. You are so going to want to get the Thoughtful Branches Bundle this month!

I'm linking today's project up with the team over at SUO Challenges where the theme this week is 'Delightful Dies' - the two I've used on this project are definitely firm favourites.

Enjoy your day; I'm off for a bike ride and some fresh air whilst the unpredictable British weather holds! I'll be back tomorrow with this week's new challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary. Until then, happy stampin'!

Samantha
SamanthaUnited Kingdom
03/08/2016 16:21:36 #

Love this idea

Kathy James
Kathy JamesUnited Kingdom
04/08/2016 09:04:15 #

Love it - so elegant as well.

Julia Quinn
Julia QuinnAustralia
13/08/2016 05:38:16 #

What a wonderful project. The thoughtful branches work perfectly for your family tree.  Thankyou for your amazing inspiration.  So glad you joined in the fun this week at SUO.

Julie Gearinger
Julie GearingerUnited States
13/08/2016 20:56:34 #

Wow, Joanne- this is fabulous!! Love the use of the new die set with this home decor project- a treasure for sure for your family!  Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges- hugs and have a blessed week!

Cindee Wilkinson
Cindee WilkinsonUnited States
13/08/2016 23:42:00 #

WOW! What a fabulous idea! I love the way you used 3 of the "flowers" or tree tops for one tree. Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge.

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
14/08/2016 23:14:55 #

Oh...I love this project, Joanne!  What a great gift!  Love the way it promotes the Thoughtful Branches set, too!  Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this time!

Mary Brown
Mary BrownUnited States
15/08/2016 01:48:57 #

WOW Joanne how awesome is this!  What a great way to show off your family tree and this die/thinlit set was just perfect! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

Earn this fabulous festive stamp set for FREE when you host a party with qualifying sales between 1 September and 31 October. Find out more here.

Seasonal Catalogue

Click here to view and download a copy of the 2017 Autumn-Winter Stampin' Up! Seasonal Catalogue which runs from 1 September 2017 - 2 January 2018.

Current September hostess code:

KJ9FSDMS

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator? For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. That's £31 OF FREE PRODUCT! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

2017-18 Annual Catalogue

Click on the catalogue for a full list of current SU! supplies - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.