A Gift Of Love Quilt-Inspired Valentine's Card

by Joanne James5. February 2017 09:00

It's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of my sweet friend Claire to host this week and she has a timely theme challenge for us to work with:

I've been sharing lots of Valentine's-themed cards with you in recent weeks, almost all of which have featured the Sealed With Love bundle and Sending Love Designer Series Paper. For today though I wanted to go back to some products in the annual catalogue that would make a Valentine's card but are not designed specifically with that in mind. I had a few bits and pieces out on my desk, then when I saw this week's inspiration photo over at Fusion I knew exactly where I was headed - I even used the sketch layout too (turned through 90 degrees). Here's what I came up with:

A Quilt Of Love - I drew inspiration from a number of elements of the Fusion photo for my card: the border of pink flowers (courtesy of the Jar of Love stamp set), the cream textured panel (created with the Happy Heart Textured Impressions Embossing Folder) and the red flower-entwined heart as a focal point. My colour scheme also came directly from the photo - here it is if it's one you would like to save to use too:

Have A Heart - I die cut the heart from the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits set and embellished this with flowers from the Jar of Love set and leaves from Swirly Bird too.

A Gift Of A Sentiment - The sentiment on my pale pink banner comes from the exclusive hostess set 'A Gift of Love'. I love the soft script of the sentiments in this set and think this one is such a lovely way to let someone know how much they mean to you.

I think this is a pretty Valentine's card that makes a softer alternative to the bright red and white colour schemes of my previous cards. I'm also linking up with the team over at SUO Challenges where they are also celebrating Valentine's this week.

The Paper Players Design Team
 Jaydee
Laurie Schmidt
Nance Leedy
Sandy Mathis
 Crystal Komera
Valentyna Komisarenko
Deanne K

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

I look forward to seeing what you create with our fun theme this week. Enjoy the rest of your weekend as it will be over all too quickly; we have a morning of sport and one of the James Juniors has a trampolining birthday party to attend this afternoon. I'll be back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

sandym
sandymUnited States
05/02/2017 14:13:38 #

Joanne this is gorgeous! I love the flowers around the border with white space in the center, your beautiful floral heart, and the sentiment is oh so sweet. I love everything about it!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
05/02/2017 15:34:32 #

I love the border you created...such a pretty Valentine! Cute flowers.That sentiment is such a nice one,too.

Have an awesome SundaySmile

06/02/2017 01:47:47 #

Joanne, this is so lovely!  I love the soft color combo!  That border you created is so pretty!  Love the embossed white space to show off those layered hearts.  That sentiment is just beautiful!  So happy you made my challenge shine this week, My Friend!  XX

Valentyna
ValentynaCanada
06/02/2017 15:53:02 #

Oh, Joanne, how I love those tiny flowers and die-cut heart! This is such beautiful textured card.

07/02/2017 02:33:29 #

What a lovely vintage-looking "quilt" you've created!  SO sweet!

Nance Leedy
Nance LeedyUnited States
08/02/2017 13:29:56 #

This is just lovely, Joanne!  I love how you drew inspiration from the heart quilt.  The dainty flowers and quilted center all add such homespun charm to your creation.  Love the mix of colors too--just darling!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
10/02/2017 17:16:59 #

Joanne, love the colors and that heart.  I also love how you stamped the sentiment onto colored paper.  Fabulous card
hugs
jaydee

Deanne @ Three Trees
Deanne @ Three TreesCanada
10/02/2017 18:27:13 #

The perfect combination of both challenges!  LOVE your beautiful heart and the paper!!

Julia Quinn
Julia QuinnAustralia
11/02/2017 11:31:08 #

Your cards are always beautiful and this one is just gorgeous too. I love the jar of love flowers as embellishments. It looks amazing. So glad you joined in the fun at SUOChallenges

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
12/02/2017 22:22:21 #

Oh so sweet!  Love the colors and the border of flowers!  Great card!  Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this time!

KAREN BARBER
KAREN BARBERUnited States
13/02/2017 01:38:06 #

THIS IS A FABULOUS VALENTINE AND DEFINITE FAVORITE FOR ME!!!  THANKS FOR PLAYING ALONG WITH US ON THE SUO CHALLENGE BLOG!! HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

Jeanne
JeanneUnited States
15/02/2017 17:24:47 #

Oh yes I totally see the inspiration photo here.. the flowers and pretty heart.. this is gorgeous!

Designers Series Paper Sale - Buy 3 Get 1 Free

Designer Series Paper is on sale between 1-31 October: buy 3, get 1 free on selected packs. Find out more here.

Earn this fabulous festive stamp set for FREE when you host a party with qualifying sales between 1 September and 31 October. Find out more here.

Seasonal Catalogue

Click here to view and download a copy of the 2017 Autumn-Winter Stampin' Up! Seasonal Catalogue which runs from 1 September 2017 - 2 January 2018.

Current October hostess code:

769FVWR4

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator? For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. That's £31 OF FREE PRODUCT! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

2017-18 Annual Catalogue

Click on the catalogue for a full list of current SU! supplies - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.