Seasonal Layers Thinlits Summer Holiday Colour Block Card

by Joanne James11. July 2017 20:00

I've had a full day today with a group of lovely ladies at my extended technique class. I'll be sharing more of those cards in the coming weeks. Meanwhile, today I'm sharing a card for this week's challenge over at CAS(E) This Sketch that also uses the current colour palette over at Fab Friday:

I was intrigued by the lovely Hannelie's sketch this week and whilst my instinct was to run a mile at the five bright colours over at Fab Friday, I suddenly had an idea that worked perfectly for me when I combined both challenges - take a look:

Summer Seasonal Layers - I decided to use a bright, white adirondack chair diecut cut with my Seasonal Layers Thinlits for the silhouette motif - complete with cooling lemonade drink on the side for the focal point of my card. It's the perfect fit with that summery colour palette too.

Block That Colour - The five summer colours of the Fab Friday colour palette could be a challenge to use on a single card without them becoming overwhelming. The sketch though allows them to be used for big, bold blocks of colour that have impact whilst balanced by the large expanse of white space that surround them.  Perfect!

Holiday Wishes - What sentiment to use on my summery card? I am soon off on my summer vacation and seriously looking forward to whiling away the hours in a chair just like this, with a drink by my side, enjoying the warmth and generally relaxing into my holiday idyll. I created a customised sentiment using the Thoughtful Banners stamp set  - what better way to send someone on their summer travels?

I'll be back tomorrow with another project. I'm hoping for the return of warmer weather here tomorrow as otherwise I will have a couple of boisterous, stir-crazy boys on my hands as we have a friend coming over to play. Wish me luck!   Until then, happy stampin'!

Papercraft Boutique
Papercraft BoutiqueUnited States
11/07/2017 23:55:49 #

This is so pretty, and striking, Joanne! I love the white chair against the bright color blocks! The lemonade is a nice summery touch too. Hideko

Leigh Penner
Leigh PennerCanada
12/07/2017 12:32:17 #

Oh, I love this! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Heather H
Heather HUnited States
12/07/2017 16:35:24 #

That sketch is perfect for our colors - I love your breezy and summery solution!  Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Mindy Backes
Mindy BackesUnited States
14/07/2017 12:53:11 #

This is so fun!  I love it! And the little lime is just perfect! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

14/07/2017 20:13:52 #

Joanne, this is soooo fun!  I love the bright color blocks!  Such a fantastic summer card! XX

Amanda Mertz
Amanda MertzUnited States
18/07/2017 01:38:19 #

Such a fun card and what a great way to combine the 2 challenges!  I almost used this sketch myself for my Fab Friday design team card but I couldn't quite get my "vision" to come out on the cardstock...you certainly acheived great results!  Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

StampinBlends_Demothumb_SPUKCA

Alcohol markers are back! Say 'hello' to Stampin' Blends - click on the image above to see the full range or you can read more about them here.

Seasonal Catalogue

Click here to view and download a copy of the 2017 Autumn-Winter Stampin' Up! Seasonal Catalogue which runs from 1 September 2017 - 2 January 2018.

Current November hostess code:

2S4X3VQ6

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator? For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. That's £31 OF FREE PRODUCT! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

2017-18 Annual Catalogue

Click on the catalogue for a full list of current SU! supplies - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.