Seasonal Chums Watercoloured Pumpkin CAS Card for The Paper Players PP362

by Joanne James17. September 2017 09:00

It's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of my good friend, the awesome LeAnne, to host this week and she has a timely clean and simple challenge for us to work with:

I'm also playing along with the team over at Stamp Ink Paper today as I'm just in time to link up with their CAS Fall challenge and the lovely ladies over at SUO Challenges where the theme is Autumn colours.

When I think about harvest, I think about harvest loaves, vegetables from the garden ... and pumpkins! I love the photo inspiration that Nance found for this week's challenge and I decided I just had to have pumpkins on my card. I decided to go with something a little different - take a look:

Pumpkins Are For Harvest, Not Just For Halloween - Most of the pumpkin stamps I have in my set are ones with carved faces, all ready for Halloween. This stamp from the new seasonal catalogue is one of the few that I own that isn't - do you recognise which set it comes from? It's actually from the 'Seasonal Chums' set on page 47, but it's not the front of the face on the Halloween tag - it's the back piece of the same tag. I've circled it below so that you can see which one I mean:

This part of the stamp makes for a perfect pre-carved pumpkin - all I needed to do was mask off the front portion of the stamp and stamp just the back image. I also created a mask out of a post-it note to enable me to stamp my trio of pumpkins overlapping each other, to create depth and dimension.

No Line Watercolouring -  I decided to use a little no-line watercolouring to give my pumpkins a natural look. I love this effect and it's so easy to achieve: simply stamp your chosen image in a pale colour such as Sahara Sand onto watercolour paper, then use your chosen inks and an aquapainter to colour your stamped images normally, making the lines 'disappear'.

Colours of Fall - Warm yellows, oranges, reds, browns and olive greens are the colours I associate with autumn and I chose to focus on orange and brown on my card today. Here's my colour palette should you wish to save it as inspiration for your fall projects:

To finish my card I added a little lace and ribbon embellishment (retired bits and pieces); not something I usually do with a CAS card, but I felt my card needed a little something just to balance it visually. I love this card!

The Paper Players Design Team
 Jaydee
Laurie Schmidt
Nance Leedy
Sandy Mathis

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

I look forward to seeing your clean and simple creations in the gallery this week. Enjoy the rest of your weekend as it will be over all too quickly; mine is sports-filled, with hockey, swimming and ice hockey yesterday and basketball and more hockey today! I'll be back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Amy Koenders
Amy KoendersUnited States
17/09/2017 15:34:55 #

Oh my goodness, I love your little stack of pumpkins.  Perfect with the sentiment.  Love your clean design!  Thanks for joining us at Stamp Ink Paper, hope to see you again soon!

Ginger Pelfrey
Ginger Pelfrey United States
17/09/2017 16:23:40 #

Joanne your card is beautiful!! I love your no line coloring. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper Smile

Ginger Pelfrey
Ginger Pelfrey United States
17/09/2017 16:24:56 #

Tina A Riddle
Tina A RiddleUnited States
17/09/2017 18:30:11 #

Joanne, your pumpkins are colored beautifully!  What a gorgeous CAS Fall card!  Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
18/09/2017 03:49:03 #

Your pumpkins are beautifully masked and coloured. The no-iine colouring makes them look like they've been painted. It's a simple and elegant creation - just lovely!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
19/09/2017 14:39:09 #

Your no line pumpkins turned out awesome Joanne! Perfect fall card!

Have a great day!

sandym
sandymUnited States
19/09/2017 20:42:52 #

Wow, Joanne! Your no-line watercoloring is amazing! A gorgeous card.

19/09/2017 23:38:16 #

Joanne, this is CAS perfection!  I love the no line watercoloring.  I need to try this!  A beautiful FALL card!  Hope you are having a great week!  XX

21/09/2017 00:57:05 #

Well, I am blown away!  I wondered where this image came from....and then you revealed your secret!  I have this set, I am going to try this watercoloring technique AGAIN...didn't have much luck with it last time but you've inspired me!  It is perfect!  You ROCKED my challenge, my friend!

Nance Leedy
Nance LeedyUnited States
21/09/2017 01:40:34 #

This card is brilliant, Joanne!  Genius use of this stamp set--I had no idea what it was--had to follow your store link to see it, lol!  The no line watercoloring is fantastic and I am in awe of your masking abilities.  Absolutely perfect CAS card--you rocked it!

Robin Feicht
Robin FeichtUnited States
21/09/2017 15:06:59 #

Gorgeous Autumn Card and you colored your pumpkins fabulously!

Annie Abrahamson
Annie AbrahamsonUnited States
21/09/2017 16:22:32 #

Beautiful no line watercoloring on those pretty pumpkins!  This is such a fab CAS card!  Hope you're having a great week Smile

Deanne @ Three Trees
Deanne @ Three TreesCanada
22/09/2017 21:21:21 #

Gorgeous Joanne!  LOVE your no line colouring!!!!!!!

Julie Gearinger
Julie GearingerUnited States
24/09/2017 01:18:23 #

Another fabulous autumn card! Love the use of the pumpkin stamp as well as your gorgeous no-line watercolor! Thanks for inspiring all of us and sharing with us at SUO Challenges- hugs, sweet friend!

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
24/09/2017 12:36:52 #

Wow!  LOVE the pumpkins.  I really need to try that "no line watercoloring" because you really did capture a realistic look!  I'm excited to use the back of that stamp alone, too!  Thanks for playing along with the SUO Fall Colors Challenge this time!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
24/09/2017 13:30:11 #

Joanne, this is gorgeous coloring - I swear those pumpkins are glowing.  Beautiful job
hugs
jaydee

KAREN BARBER
KAREN BARBERUnited States
24/09/2017 22:24:38 #

Gorgeousness!!  Thanks for playing along!!

Mary Brown
Mary BrownUnited States
24/09/2017 23:16:38 #

Oh my word...those pumpkins are GORGEOUS!  Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

Designers Series Paper Sale - Buy 3 Get 1 Free

Designer Series Paper is on sale between 1-31 October: buy 3, get 1 free on selected packs. Find out more here.

Earn this fabulous festive stamp set for FREE when you host a party with qualifying sales between 1 September and 31 October. Find out more here.

Seasonal Catalogue

Click here to view and download a copy of the 2017 Autumn-Winter Stampin' Up! Seasonal Catalogue which runs from 1 September 2017 - 2 January 2018.

Current October hostess code:

769FVWR4

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator? For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. That's £31 OF FREE PRODUCT! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

2017-18 Annual Catalogue

Click on the catalogue for a full list of current SU! supplies - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.