Half Full Glasses of Red Friendship Card

by Joanne James18. September 2017 20:20

Happy Monday everyone! I've had a busy start to my week with some batch cooking but also managed some much-needed time in my craft room. I managed a few productive hours so I've lots to share with you this week! Today I'm sharing a quick card that I might just manage to squeeze in for this week's challenge over at CAS Colours and Sketches

I've not managed to play along with these ladies for a few weeks and this sketch almost had me foxed, when I had a flash of inspiration this afternoon and came up with this fun - and quick! - one-layer card:

A Glass of Red (or 7!) - I decided to ink up my 'Half Full' stamp set for today's card. I loved this stamp set the moment I saw it and knew I would use it not only for Christmas cards but, as a wine drinker who enjoys a glass of red now and then, on lots of other occasions too. These stamps also make for easy tags to pretty up a bottle of wine for a party hostess - but more on that another day.

A Touch Of Shine - To add a little shine to my wine glasses, I painted them with my fine tip glue pen so that they took on the appearance of glass. It's quite difficult to see on the photograph, but adds a lot to the finish in real life.

Can You See It? - Some may say I was a little loose in my interpretation of this week's sketch, but I can assure you it's there: three elements, getting wider as they extend down the card, with images above and below the central sentiment. I did exercise a little creative licence with the positioning of the first, larger glass, however I think it works well this way. What do you think - should sketches be interpreted literally or do they allow for a modicum of creative interpretation? Do leave me a comment below - I'd love to hear your thoughts.

That's me done for today; I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Peggy Mitchell
Peggy MitchellUnited States
18/09/2017 21:46:53 #

Nice card. I mistook the first (offset) image for the card and thought, "How clever!" Papercrafting is supposed to be a creative release. If one is expected to strictly follow a literal interpretation, that, to me, seems to be stifling one's creativity. So yes, I favor the loose interpretation . Thank you for sharing your projects, tips, and tutorials.

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
19/09/2017 17:44:52 #

I'm glad you agree Peggy - I think it's nice to play around with things once in a while. Thank you for your kind words about my projects, tips and tutorials - it's always nice to know that someone is reading, enjoying and maybe even learning a little along the way.

Emily E
Emily EAustralia
19/09/2017 00:15:06 #

Such a clever use of the sketch and I really love the detail on the wine glasses with the glue to look like glass. I'm so glad you got time to play along with us this week at CC&S!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
19/09/2017 17:45:38 #

Thanks Emily - love your challenge, sometimes time gets the better of me though so it's nice to be able to play along when I can!

karen h
karen hUnited States
19/09/2017 01:41:20 #

Wonderful card! Love your take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
19/09/2017 17:46:09 #

Thanks Karen - glad you like it!

19/09/2017 23:35:15 #

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card!  Red wine and friends is the best way to spend time!  Wish I could share a glass with you, My Friend!  XX

Designers Series Paper Sale - Buy 3 Get 1 Free

Designer Series Paper is on sale between 1-31 October: buy 3, get 1 free on selected packs. Find out more here.

Earn this fabulous festive stamp set for FREE when you host a party with qualifying sales between 1 September and 31 October. Find out more here.

Seasonal Catalogue

Click here to view and download a copy of the 2017 Autumn-Winter Stampin' Up! Seasonal Catalogue which runs from 1 September 2017 - 2 January 2018.

Current October hostess code:

769FVWR4

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator? For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. That's £31 OF FREE PRODUCT! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

2017-18 Annual Catalogue

Click on the catalogue for a full list of current SU! supplies - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.