Mediterranean Moments Cafe Card

by Joanne James29. January 2018 21:00

Today I'm back with an annual catalogue faithful and sharing a card I made using a set that has been sitting on my shelf rather neglected for a little while, so I thought I would remedy that and enter a couple of online challenges at the same time:

I love the CAS Colours and Sketches sketch this week and then surprised myself by choosing the colours over at Just Add Ink to go with it - take a look:

Mediterranean Moments - Mediterranean Moments first appeared in last year's Spring-Summer seasonal catalogue and fortunately carried over into the annual catalogue. I love these sketched images, inspired by Million Sales Achiever Susan Nygaard - the one I've used today though is the only one in my set that I've never used before. When I saw this colour combination I wasn't sure what to make of it, despite the lovely design team cards, and then I was flicking through my catalogue looking for something else and suddenly there it was - I could see the green metal cafe chairs and I knew this stamp would be perfect!

A Little Watercolouring - I decided to stamp my image in Versamark and heat emboss it in white, and ring the changes with a Crumb Cake card base, then give the whole thing a wash of white craft ink before watercolouring with my greens and a little more Crumb Cake ink. This was a good way to incorporate my neutral and allow my greens to blend with each other. I hand-doodled my border using my white gel pen.

A Sentiment Combination - My sentiment combination is a trimmed stamped 'hello' from the 'oh hello' stamp in the Colour Me Happy set, along with the word 'friend' snipped from the Lovely Word Thinlits. A fun pairing that is just right for the intended recipient of my card.

This post was really meant for tomorrow but I'm putting it live early as I want to catch the CAS Colours and Sketches link up. So for Tuesday - enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

karen h
karen hUnited States
29/01/2018 22:37:01 #

Ack, I love this! The combination of Tranquil Tide & Crumb colors with the white embossing is amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Linda hunt
Linda huntUnited Kingdom
30/01/2018 09:41:22 #

I love this card Joanne!  It has to be one of my favourite stamp sets!

Beverley
BeverleyUnited Kingdom
30/01/2018 13:41:28 #

What a lovely image and beautiful colours you have used to showcase it. Wonderful CAS use of the sketch and lovely to see you in the CC&S gallery. Hugs Bev x

Jeanne K
Jeanne KUnited States
31/01/2018 05:59:12 #

Lovely card.  I really like the watercolor over the white opaque wash - I'll need to give that a try.  Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week.

Nikki Spencer
Nikki SpencerAustralia
31/01/2018 07:01:50 #

What a lovely unique effect Joanne...very creative! The white craft wash looks great. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Chantell Randall
Chantell RandallAustralia
31/01/2018 11:05:56 #

Lovely card - I love the line detail around the edge, a great detail and finish.  Lovely way to use this image.  Chantell Just Add Ink

Patrice
PatriceUnited Kingdom
01/02/2018 03:23:04 #

Wow, I love your card, Joanne. One of my favourites with this stamp set. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week. x

Sale-A-Bration 2018

Sale A Bration

The Sale-A-Bration Promotion runs from 3 January-31 March 2018. Download your copy of the brochure here.

Seasonal Catalogue

Click here to view and download a copy of the 2018 Spring-Summer Stampin' Up! Seasonal Catalogue which runs from 3 January - 31 May 2018.

Current February hostess code:

64XZCB29

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator? For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. That's £31 OF FREE PRODUCT! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose. Join during Sale-A-Bration before 31 March and you can choose 2 additional stamp sets of your choice too FOR FREE - that's a potential additional £90 worth of product!

2017-18 Annual Catalogue

Click on the catalogue for a full list of current SU! supplies - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.